Hey hey! It’s Illinois Marathon week, Chambana!
Who’s tapering out there? We have our last long training run today–and it’s a beautiful day for it. Fingers crossed we get lucky with the weather next weekend. I’d love a sunny sky and very little wind Friday and Saturday. Please and thank you.
Still haven’t registered for a race? Good news! The Illinois Marathon re-opened registration until 11:59pm Monday evening. So sign up today or tomorrow! And use my coupon code to save $5 (coupon code: hatandhermarkers2016).
. . .
I think the music playlist is the most important part of my race day success–even more important than my jogging shoes and my jog bra. Ha.
Here’s my playlist for Saturday–my top 50 running songs–in random order (although I do always start with Air Force Ones and end with Dog Days are Over, it’s a tradition). Some oldies, some newies–all songs with a good beat to keep a good pace. And all songs I know by heart. I love to sing (or rap) along while I run. Try it. It makes the miles pass so much faster.
I usually only listen to about three minutes of each song before I skip to the next one–try that so you don’t get bored. And if I come across a song I ‘m really feeling–I’ll listen to it a few times on repeat before I skip to the next one. Whatever works, right? Right.
Go ahead add a few of these to your playlist. And we’ll see you at the finish line. Good luck!
Hat’s Illinois Marathon Playlist, 2016
- Air Force Ones (feat. Murphy Lee, Ali & Kyjuan) – Nelly
- Thunderstruck – AC/DC
- I’m Every Woman – Whitney Houston
- Wifey – Next
- Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) – Shakira
- She’s Not Just a Pretty Face – Shania Twain
- I’ll Be – Foxy Brown & Jay-Z
- Hook – Blues Traveler
- Dancing in the Dark – Bruce Springstein
- Get Me Home – Foxy Brown & Blackstreet
- America’s Sweetheart – Elle King
- Fast Car – Tracy Chapman
- 679 (feat. Monty) -Fetty Wap
- Changes – 2Pac & Talent
- Beast of Burden – The Rolling Stones
- Love Lockdown – Kanye West
- Crazy Train – Ozzy Osbourne
- Change Clothes- Jay Z
- Desperately Wanting – Better Than Ezra
- Move This – Technotronic & Ya Kid K
- Welcome to the Jungle – Guns N’ Roses
- Should’ve Been a Cowboy – Toby Keith
- Machineheard – Bush
- Wild Night – John Mellencamp
- Crazy Bitch – Buckcherry
- Stronger – Kanye West
- Mo Money Mo Problems (feat. Mase & Puff Daddy) – The Notorious B.I.G)
- Ants Marching – Dave Matthews Band
- I’m Like a Lawyer With the Way I’m Always Trying to Get You Off – Fall Out Boy
- I – Kendrick Lamar
- Whatever You Like – T.I.
- Suicide Blonde – INXS
- Me and My Girlfriend – Makaveli
- All About U – 2Pac, Nate Dogg & Snoop Dogg
- She Wolf – Shakira
- Gangsta Luv – Snoop Dog
- Ride Wit Me – Nelly
- Perfect Gentleman – Wyclef Jean
- Freedom – George Michael
- Morning After – Timbaland
- P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) – Michael Jackson
- Knockout – Lil Wayne & Nicki Minaj
- Magic (feat. Rivers Cuomo) – B. o. B.
- Wanna Be a Baller – Lil’ Troy
- Brian Wilson – Barenaked Ladies
- The Show Goes On – Lupe Fiasco
- Hit ‘Em Up – 2Pac
- Run This Town – Jay Z
- Life is a Highway – Rascall Flats
- Dog Days Are Over – Florence + The Machine
PS. They say personal playlists are a window to the soul. And I kindof agree. So now you *really* know me. Ha. Have any good songs to add to this list? Add them in the comments. XOXO.